Monday 28 December 2009

Final Chosen Image

(Click on an image to see it more clearly,then click the back arrow)

Once I chose this image for my front cover I decided to experiment with the colours and focus using the program Picasa. I began by increasing the highlights of the image, however I decided that this resulted in the models face being difficult to see. I then decreased the highlights and made the image black and white. I liked this image, however I found that when applied to my magazine the black and white did not stand out enough and blended too much into the back ground. Due to this I decided against the black and white and reverted back to the colour image. Although this time I reduced the highlights and increased the shadows to allow the models features to seem more defined. I also increased the saturation to accentuate the models face so as it stood out. I later decided to use the soft focus tool surrounding the models face as I found that when I placed the image onto my magazine other parts of the image were taking over the main focus, therefore I blurred the outside to make her face stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment